1 ON 1 SITUATIONS
1 - 1 offense
* The goal is to have the puck carrier become a threat to score and force the defender to challenge him instead of allowing the defender to dictate the play.
* In an outside lane, attack from the side of defender and use change of pace and big moves. At the offensive blue line read if the defender gives up the
blue line. If he backs in, cut inside, if he stands up or is slow then go wide.
* Using various moves, and speeds forces the defender to think of various ways to defend and this slows his reaction and gives the attacker the advantage.
1 - 1 defense
* Try to stop the attacker as far as possible from the defensive zone.
* The goal is prevent the attacker from getting a shot from the slot.
* If attacker is very fast give room wide rather than back in.
* When the attacker is in an outside lane turn when he is parallel to you and flare out square to attacker, then angle him to the corner and finish.
* Stay on defensive side blocking way to net or angling attacker into corner.
* If the attacker delays you must stay with him and continue 1-1 beating him back to the net if he passes.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.