First forward into zone:
* Play 3-3 with defensemen, usually as the support man.
* Maintain defensive side positioning when they have two players fighting your defenseman for the puck in the corner.
* Be in a position to maintain the defensive side and get immediate pressure if they pass to your man deep in the zone.
* Mirror the puck on a breakout.
* Give middle support on a pass to the winger.
* Give close support to the winger and help to get the puck over the blue line on a pinch.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.