* The puck carrier should skate directly at the forechecker so he canīt create a good angle to steer him into a wide lane, this allows him to pass
* The most important concept in the break out is for the puck carrier to drive skate to open ice when you get the puck, this creates time, avoids checkers and creates new passing lanes.
* The best play is a direct pass to a winger on the boards.
* When pressured never hesitate to dump the puck out.
* Always look for the quick breakout first.
* Donīt leave men behind you on breakouts.
* When under a lot of pressure move the puck quickly away from the pressure by using a counter, D to D bank, reverse or a rim.
* Passes around boards must be hard.
* To beat a pinch the forward should either swing very low and give and go with the defenseman or else be out high near the blue line for the pass and
simply chip it over the blue line behind the pinching defenseman.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.