PLAYING A 1-2-2 TRAP FORECHECK
* First player force puck to the outside lane.
* Strong side forward play body on the puck carrier.
* Weak side forward fill the middle lane.
* Strong side defenseman, stand up and defend red and blue line.
* Weak side defenseman cover the weak side forward.
* Outnumber the offense in the neutral zone, dividing ice in half, weak side defenseman cover wide winger.
* When defenders regain the puck, the wide winger should break through the middle for a penetrating counter attack pass.
Defensive Zone Coverage
All systems use the man on and a box behind coverage as described before.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.