Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Role Two - Hockey Defensive Skill and other Hockey topics.
Hockey Defense In the Defensive Zone
* Cover the front of the net - always one man in front - tough.
* Be alert for opposition face-off plays.
* Finish all checks in the corners and beat your man back to the net.
* On 3 on 3's and 4 on 4's one man take the shooter.
* Avoid backing in.
* When the puck at the point - clear the front of the net and control the opposition sticks by sealing them to the outside.