Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Role Two - Hockey Defensive Skill and other Hockey topics.
First forward into zone:
* Play 3-3 with defensemen, usually as the support man.
* Maintain defensive side positioning when they have two players fighting your defenseman for the puck in the corner.
* Be in a position to maintain the defensive side and get immediate pressure if they pass to your man deep in the zone.
* Mirror the puck on a breakout.
* Give middle support on a pass to the winger.
* Give close support to the winger and help to get the puck over the blue line on a pinch.