Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Hockey Playing Systems and other Hockey topics.
1-2-2 TRAP FORECHECK WITH A SWING
When the offensive player stops with the puck behind the net.
* First checker, forward one, swing in front toward to other side and replace forward two just above the face off circle.
* Forward two swing in front the other way and if the puck carrier stays behind the net he replaces forward three who is above the other face-off circle.
* If the puck is still behind net the original forward would swing, etc.
* When puck is moved from behind then trap as described in 1-2-2 trap.
* In the neutral zone defend the same as 1-2-2 trap.
Defensive Zone Coverage is the one man on and a box behind in all of these systems.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|