Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Role Two - Hockey Defensive Skill and other Hockey topics.
* Back check to the mid slot area and cover the weak side point, with stick in the mid slot passing lane,
* Collapse down and support if someone loses their one on one, the puck is below the goal line or on rebounds.
* On the break out be ready for a quick rim pass to the boards.
* On break out can also go wide or protect the mid slot, stretch or get a dump out.
* On a D to D pass or rim get on the wide boards and get the puck out.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|