Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Playing Hockey Offensive and Defensive Situations and other Hockey topics.
3 ON 3 SITUATION In Hockey
3 - 3 offense
Play the same as the 3 on 2.
3 - 3 defense
* Get as tight a gap as possible through the neutral zone.
* Communicate and identify who is covering who by the red line.
* If the back checking forward has an angle on the puck carrier he should finish the check; if the attacker is too far ahead then pick up the
* If the back checker has picked up the weak side forward, then the weak side defenseman play a 2 on 2 on the strong side.
* Take the attackers all the way to the net, stay on the defensive side and control their sticks.