Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Playing Hockey Offensive and Defensive Situations and other Hockey topics.
3 ON 2 SITUATION
3 - 2 offense
* Attack as quickly as possible and set up a 2-1 versus one defender.
* Puck carrier try to go to net and force the defender to play you.
* If defenders have backed in cross and drop or cross and pick.
* On a straight attack the second attacker skate to the post, on a cross the third attacker skates to the post.
3 - 2 defensemen
* Delay the attack and try to stand up at blue line.
* Weak side defender take one attacker to the post and strong side defender play the 2-1 and pressure the third man if a trailer pass is made to the middle.