Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Playing Hockey Offensive and Defensive Situations and other Hockey topics.
3 ON 1 SITUATION
3 - 1 offense
* Attack as quickly as possible with the first pass made before top of the slot.
* Use crosses and picks with the third man going to post.
* Puck carrier must be a threat.
3 - 1 defense
* Stay in the middle and delay the play, keeping skates in the lateral passing lane and maintain this positioning when puck is high
* Attack shooter on a trailer pass when puck is in mid to low slot with stick in lane of most dangerous pass.
* Take stick of attacker at the post after a wide shot.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|