Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Playing Hockey Offensive and Defensive Situations and other Hockey topics.
2 ON 1 SITUATION In Ice Hockey
2 - 1 offensively
* Challenge the defenceman and use forehand passes whenever possible. This forces the goalkeeper to expect either a shot or pass and creates good passing
* "One high one low one fast one slow," is a poem to remember about not allowing the defenseman to stay in between you and your partner.
* Puck carrier must be a threat so defender cannot overplay pass.
* Make first pass by the top of the slot, this makes second play possible.
* Attack as quickly as possible to eliminate back checkers
* Stay in middle of attackers, delay play as much as possible, goalie take the shooter defender deny the pass.
* The most dangerous attacker is in the middle of the ice; so play him. If the puck carrier's is on the off wing and his stick is in the slot he is the most dangerous attacker.
* Don't allow puck carrier to break in post to post but go to him if he cuts in.
* On trailer in middle lane line up with trailer and rush him with the stick in the passing lane when a trailer pass is made,.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|